Assistant Restaurant Manager Apply
The Craftsman Wood Grille & Tap House
Posted March 26, 2021
Assistant Restaurant Manager
The Assistant Restaurant Manager assists the Restaurant Manager in the daily operations of the restaurant including bar if applicable, maintaining established quality and service standards, maximizing profits, controlling expenses, and ensuring sanitation, safety and food quality. This position will work alongside the Restaurant Manager to ensure the smooth operation of the dining room, by directing the activity of staff, facilitates the prompt and accurate seating and service of all guests. This position will also assist in coaching, counseling and developing their team. The Assistant Restaurant Manager is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
- Assist with staffing, training and day-to-day activities of the restaurant and bar staff. Ensure that staff is scheduled based on forecasted business and maintains labor cost objections by adhering to labor standards and also monitors overtime costs.
- Assists the Executive Chef in monitoring the presentation of food product and reviews any areas of concern raised by guests or staff. Ensure that the restaurant is clean and ready for guests at all times.
- Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness through the Food & Beverage profit and service performance of the hotel. Ensuring that all goals are geared toward exceeding guest expectations.
- Work with the other hotel departments to encourage restaurant referrals and develop programs to increase capture ratios for meal periods.
- Observe food and beverage outlet operations and take needed action to ensure standards of product presentation and service are being maintained. Taste test food and beverage products for consistency.
- Assist with the selection, training and development of the personnel within the department, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; safety, addressing complaints and resolving problems Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Assists with guest relations and ensure that all guest issues and complaints are addressed in a timely fashion that meets and exceeds guest expectations by providing excellent service.
- Utilize leadership and motivational skills in order to maximize employee productivity and rating on guest satisfaction surveys.
- It is expected that this position have commitment to the operation and have flexible hours, take ownership of the restaurant.
- This position must also wear and maintain appropriate business attire, as well as ensure all team members are also in proper uniform at all times.
- Work closely with Food & Beverage management to gain knowledge and education of food & wine, and to ensure this information is then communicated to all restaurant staff to ensure superior service.
- Assists the Restaurant Manager in planning and directing all work activities in Restaurant & bar.
- Performs duties of the Restaurant Manager while they are absent.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of 2 years Food & Beverage management experience with a restaurant organization or a similar size hotel.
- Must have 2-3 years previous supervisory experience.
- Must have through knowledge of all food & beverage operating departments
- Must have knowledge of food & beverage industry, current market trends and federal, state, and local laws pertaining to the hospitality industry such as OSHA, Alcohol Awareness training, Food Sanitation and Safety regulations.
Somos un empleador con igualdad de oportunidades y todos los candidatos calificados recibirán consideración por el empleo sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, origen nacional, estado de discapacidad, estado de veterano protegido o cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley.
Experience Craftsman Wood Grille & Tap House, our on-site restaurant featuring the contemporary American cuisine of Chef Steve Batur. Choose from a creative selection of appetizers and salads, plus exceptional entrées made from the highest quality meats and local produce. Sample our award-winning wine list while relaxing on our outdoor patio.
Hours of Operations:
- Sunday: 10 am to 10 pm
- Monday through Thursday: 11 am to 12 am
- Friday & Saturday: 11 am to 1 am
- Sunday: 10am - 3pm (Brunch)
Widewaters Hotels is an award winning, innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Widewaters' Hotels Values: Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
The Craftsman Wood Grille & Tap House
Experience Craftsman Wood Grille, our on-site restaurant featuring the contemporary American cuisine of Chef Steve Batur. Choose from a creative selection of appetizers and salads, plus exceptional entrées made from the highest quality meats and local produce. Sample our award-winning wine list while relaxing on our outdoor patio.
Hours of Operations:
- Mon-Sat: 11am - 12am midnight
- Sunday: 9am - 4pm Brunch Menu
- Sunday: 4pm-10pm Dinner Menu
7300 East Genesee Street
Fayetteville, NY 13066
Telephone (315) 637-8000