Independent Hotel General Manager Apply
Cherry Valley Hotel
Posted May 5, 2021
Independent Hotel General Manager
Widewaters Hotels is seeking a proven and motivated Independent Hotel General Manager to lead the Cherry Valley Hotel & Ohio Event Center to new heights! This is a tremendous opportunity for a well-rounded hospitality leader that's looking to optimize the property's recent major renovations including a spa, multiple food & beverage outlets, and 45k sq. ft. event center. Apply Today!
The Independent Hotel General Manager will be responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, day-to-day staff management and guest experience. You will be an ambassador for the brand and a leader both inside and outside of the hotel to drive performance and create an unforgettable brand experience. You will work very closely with the Hotel Operations team and other stakeholders to optimize sales and maximize revenue. The Independent Hotel General Manager will also be required to oversee certain aspects of multiple food and beverage outlets, spa, activities programming, and special event planning.
Essential Functions of the Job
The Independent Hotel General Manager has overall responsibility for the successful operation of the hotel by supporting our Company Pillars by following and executing: Revenue Improvement, Cost Management, Exceeding Guests Expectations, Associate Engagement, and Outstanding Physical Product. The General Manager is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
- Lead, through a team of managers, the effective management of Rooms, Food & Beverage, Accounting, Sales, Engineering and Human Resources to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards, maximizing levels of guest satisfaction, and maintaining favorable associate morale.
- Participate in Sales START Meetings, Stand-up Meetings, New Hire Orientation, Monthly Pillar calls, HR Weekly Calls, Weekly Revenue calls as well as serve as Manager on Duty when needed.
- Have flexible schedule to be available during high profile events, staffing shortages, as well as during peak times to assist during breakfast or front desk coverage.
- Effectively delegates authority and responsibility as deemed necessary.
- Utilize related software including Excel, Teams, PMS, POS, ADP, SalesPro or Delphi.
Revenue Improvement & Cost Management
- Direct the development and execution of the annual strategic plan, the annual budget, sales & marketing plan, and operations plan, emphasizing balanced growth and consistent profitability.
- Ensure financial success of the hotel by aggressively pursuing revenue goals, managing expenses, controlling labor costs, and assuming overall responsibility for revenue management.
- Participate in sales calls with Director of Sales for high profile clients.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with VP of Hotel Operations to keep up to date on procedures, trends, and initiatives.
- Anticipate and address unfavorable variances to the established financial objectives/budget and any monthly re-forecasts.
Exceeding Guest Expectations
- Ensure that a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained, and internal and external customer service needs are met through avenues such as training, survey analysis, feedback and positive reinforcement programs.
- Understand guest service scores and communicate to team on a regular basis and update Widewaters Hotels Pillar Boards during stand-up meetings.
- Maintain and enhance guest satisfaction by administering timely responses to guest comments and monitor and track guest issues
- Conduct regular staff meeting, department meetings, and all associate meetings to keep staff informed on hotel business, address concerns or problems, and develop plans to create a better, more profitable work environment for all.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to reporting staff, appraises the performance of all positions, and ensures that performance reviews are implemented on time.
- Ensures that regular scheduled one-on-one meetings are taking place with their direct reports as well as well their managers with their direct reports.
- Work with Human Resources and conduct investigations as needed as well as update HR on weekly recruitment needs and turnover.
- Ensures all written warnings and terminations as well as signing off on all new hire paperwork, disciplinary documentation, and separation paperwork has been appropriately reviewed by them and signed off.
- Ensures that all associate issues regarding discipline and confidential discussions are held behind closed doors as well as having an open-door policy at all times to make themselves available at all times.
- Take an active role in recruitment initiatives and network with community organizations and colleges.
Outstanding Physical Product
- Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image and to protect assets.
- Ensure security is effective and safety plans and procedures are implemented.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs and quality checks to drive exceptional service and guest satisfaction at all points of contact, to include pre-arrival, check-in/check-out, restaurant/bar, transportation, housekeeping, laundry, banquets, conference services and maintenance
- Conduct Operational Audits on a regular basis to ensure above average Quality Assurance results
- Must demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality, integrity, and respect with candidates, team and business partners.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or related field required. Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) preferred. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in different management positions in the hospitality industry with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a General Manager in a full-service, independently branded hotel highly preferred.
Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry, including an in-depth understanding of independent hotel revenue management. Additionally, demonstrated effective independent hotel sales and marketing strategies. Must possess strong, well-developed management skills, and have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all levels of business.
Must have thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA and NLRA.
Regional Vice President of Operations
Chief Operating Officer, Regional Vice President of Hotel Operations, Vice President of Revenue Management & Business Analytics, Chief Accounting Officer – Hotels, Controller, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Director of Sales & Marketing, HR Business Partner(s).
Authority and Supervisory Qualifications:
This position reports to the Regional Vice President of Operations and serves at the discretion of the Chief Operating Officer or delegate. The position carries out supervisory responsibilities in line with the established policies and statutes in consultation with the Regional Vice President of Operations. Executes authority within the Delegation of Authority. Responsible for maximizing hotel revenue by achieving goals based on company Pillars.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We are ONE WIDEWATERS, striving to attract and retain the highest quality associates who share our vision of excellence in real estate investments and services. We invest in our associates to develop motivated experts who perform at the highest level of professionalism. Widewaters associates are empowered, collaborative, innovative, attentive to details, and take ownership in everything they do. The result is an unparalleled execution of strategic plan and commitment to client service.
- Empowerment – Freedom, power, authority and encouragement given to employees to make decisions related to their specific organizational task.
- Collaboration – Individuals working together toward a common purpose to achieve a business benefit.
- Innovation – Demonstrates imagination and initiative to improve how we transact business.
- Detail Oriented – Pays attention to the details and makes a conscious effort to understand causes instead of just effects.
- Accountable – Responsible for one’s own actions, decisions including execution of job responsibilities, and one’s behavior.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meticulously landscaped gardens, inviting guest rooms, and Midwestern hospitality meet in Newark, OH, at Cherry Valley Hotel & Ohio Events Center. This is a place for a quiet evening stroll on woodland paths, a place for romance in secluded, courtyard-facing accommodations, and a place where business is inspired in our incredible events center where expansion and newly designed spaces are soon to be unveiled. Find the perfect backdrop for weddings and events here, amid the pleasures of a heated indoor pool, warm restaurant and lounge, and rich interiors.
Experience something unique, yet classic – restorative, yet seasonally refreshed.Widewaters Hotels' Mission & Values
Widewaters Hotels is an award winning, innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Widewaters' Hotels Values: Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Cherry Valley Hotel
200 Room Hotel
Meticulously landscaped gardens, inviting guest rooms, and Midwestern hospitality meet in Newark, OH, at Cherry Valley Hotel. This is a place for a quiet evening stroll on woodland paths, a place for romance in secluded, courtyard-facing accommodations, and a place where business is inspired in our incredible events center where expansion and newly designed spaces are soon to be unveiled. Find the perfect backdrop for weddings and events here, amid the pleasures of a heated indoor pool, warm restaurant and lounge, and rich interiors.
Experience something unique, yet classic – restorative, yet seasonally refreshed.
2299 Cherry Valley Road
Newark, OH 43055
Telephone (740) 788-1200
Cherry Valley Hotel
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Server
- Cafe Attendant
- Craftsman & Lobby Bartender
- Food & Beverage Supervisor
- Front Desk Agent
- Hotel Marketing Manager
- House Attendant
- Human Resources Coordinator/Recruiter
- Independent Hotel General Manager
- Laundry Attendant
- Line Cook
- Maintenance Technician (Engineer II)
- Public Area Attendant
- Room Attendant / Housekeeper
- Sales Manager
- Sous Chef