Banquet Server On-Call Part Time Apply
Cherry Valley Hotel
Posted April 5, 2021
Banquet Server On-Call Part Time
The Banquet Server is responsible for providing consistent excellent service to guests/clients of the banquet facilities and efficient delivery of food and beverages to guests in a professional, hospitable manner to enhance the guest experience. This employee will be required to set up and breakdown banquet events. The Banquet Server is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Maintain a complete knowledge of all food and beverage menu items and answer questions on menu/alcoholic selections to guests.
- Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to the banquet event order, times the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests.
- Ensure presentation of food and beverage is presented to guest per Hotel standard.
- Follow your property’s approved alcohol awareness training program at all times to ensure that alcohol is not over-served to a guest.
- Perform pre and post shift side work, set-up, etc.
- Clear table promptly. Clears unnecessary items off the table to include: dirty dishes, silverware, and glassware; brings to kitchen for cleaning.
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up with guest to ensure satisfaction.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to kitchen staff.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, length of wait, re-cooking orders, and product availability.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc. throughout the day
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements, and use of equipment in Food and Beverage.
- Ability to work on POS equipment.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- Alcohol & Awareness training certification.
- If you are employed in St. Louis County, a Hep-A vaccination is required prior to beginning employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meticulously landscaped gardens, inviting guest rooms, and Midwestern hospitality meet in Newark, OH, at Cherry Valley Hotel & Ohio Events Center. This is a place for a quiet evening stroll on woodland paths, a place for romance in secluded, courtyard-facing accommodations, and a place where business is inspired in our incredible events center where expansion and newly designed spaces are soon to be unveiled. Find the perfect backdrop for weddings and events here, amid the pleasures of a heated indoor pool, warm restaurant and lounge, and rich interiors.
Experience something unique, yet classic – restorative, yet seasonally refreshed.Widewaters Hotels' Mission & Values
Widewaters Hotels is an award winning, innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Widewaters' Hotels Values: Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Cherry Valley Hotel
200 Room Hotel
Meticulously landscaped gardens, inviting guest rooms, and Midwestern hospitality meet in Newark, OH, at Cherry Valley Hotel. This is a place for a quiet evening stroll on woodland paths, a place for romance in secluded, courtyard-facing accommodations, and a place where business is inspired in our incredible events center where expansion and newly designed spaces are soon to be unveiled. Find the perfect backdrop for weddings and events here, amid the pleasures of a heated indoor pool, warm restaurant and lounge, and rich interiors.
Experience something unique, yet classic – restorative, yet seasonally refreshed.
2299 Cherry Valley Road
Newark, OH 43055
Telephone (740) 788-1200
Cherry Valley Hotel
Current Job Openings
- AM Banquet & Conference Captain
- Banquet Bartender Part Time
- Banquet Manager
- Banquet Server On-Call Part Time
- Banquet Server Part Time
- Café Attendant
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Executive Sous Chef
- Front Desk Agent
- Grill Cook
- Hotel Marketing Manager
- House Attendant
- Independent Hotel General Manager
- Kitchen Steward
- Laundry Attendant
- Lead Line Cook
- Maintenance Technician (Engineer II)
- Restaurant Dishwasher & Prep
- Restaurant Manager (The Craftsman & Lobby Bar & Patio)
- Room Attendant / Housekeeper
- Sales Manager
- Sous Chef