Restaurant Manager Apply
The Craftsman Wood Grille & Tap House
Posted August 31, 2020
The Restaurant Manager manages the daily operations of the restaurant including bar if applicable, maintaining established quality and service standards, maximizing profits, controlling expenses, and ensuring sanitation, safety and food quality. This position is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the dining room, by directing the activity of staff, facilitates the prompt and accurate seating and service of all guests.
What you will be doing
- Manage staffing, training and day-to-day activities of the restaurant and bar staff. Ensure that staff is scheduled based on forecasted business and maintains labor cost objections by adhering to labor standards and also monitors overtime costs.
- Assist the Executive Chef in monitoring the presentation of food product and reviews any areas of concern raised by guests or staff. Ensure that the restaurant is clean and ready for guests at all times.
- Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness through the Food & Beverage profit and service performance of the hotel. Ensuring that all goals are geared toward exceeding guest expectations.
- Work with the other hotel departments to encourage restaurant referrals and develop programs to increase capture ratios for meal periods.
- Observe food and beverage outlet operations and take needed action to ensure standards of product presentation and service are being maintained. Taste test food and beverage products for consistency.
- Responsible for the selection, training and development of the personnel within the department, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; safety, addressing complaints and resolving problems Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Manage guest relations and ensure that all guest issues and complaints are addressed in a timely fashion that meets and exceeds guest expectations by providing excellent service.
- Provide direction and be accountable for the implementation of plans. Monitor effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace. Set targets, plan and schedule work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures.
- Implement special event menus and promotions, such as holiday and special event promotions and present to Food & Beverage Director.
- Ensure all staff members approach encounters with guests and associates in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Assist in the development of marketing plan by reviewing the available data and conducting competitive surveys. Analyze market trends and implement strategies to improve patronage.
- It is expected that this position have commitment to the operation and have flexible hours, take ownership of the restaurant.
- Focus on outside sales and growth of revenue. On a daily basis, new business should be solicited, and community relationships should be generated and nurtured.
- Work closely with Food & Beverage Director, and Executive Chef to gain knowledge and education of food & wine, and to ensure this information is then communicated to all restaurant staff to ensure superior service.
- Perform duties of the Food & Beverage Director while they are absent.
- Work continuously towards positive revenue growth.
- Focus on Unifocus or STAR results and hold the staff accountable and praise them of any successes.
- High school degree or equivalent education. Associates Degree or above preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years Food & Beverage management experience with a restaurant organization or a similar size hotel.
- Must have 2-3 years of previous supervisory experience.
- Must have through knowledge of all food & beverage operating departments
- Must have knowledge of food & beverage industry, current market trends and federal, state, and local laws pertaining to the hospitality industry such as OSHA, TIPS training, Food Sanitation and Safety regulations.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Ability to supervise large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy; and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- TIPS certified strongly preferred. (or obtained within 90 days of employment)
- ServSafe, CPR, and/or First Aid certifications are preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience Craftsman Wood Grille & Tap House, our on-site restaurant featuring the contemporary American cuisine of Chef Steve Batur. Choose from a creative selection of appetizers and salads, plus exceptional entrées made from the highest quality meats and local produce. Sample our award-winning wine list while relaxing on our outdoor patio.
Hours of Operations:
- Sunday: 10 am to 10 pm
- Monday through Thursday: 11 am to 12 am
- Friday & Saturday: 11 am to 1 am
- Sunday: 10am - 3pm (Brunch)
Widewaters Hotels is an award winning, innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Widewaters' Hotels Values: Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
The Craftsman Wood Grille & Tap House
Experience Craftsman Wood Grille, our on-site restaurant featuring the contemporary American cuisine of Chef Steve Batur. Choose from a creative selection of appetizers and salads, plus exceptional entrées made from the highest quality meats and local produce. Sample our award-winning wine list while relaxing on our outdoor patio.
Hours of Operations:
- Mon-Sat: 11am - 12am midnight
- Sunday: 9am - 4pm Brunch Menu
- Sunday: 4pm-10pm Dinner Menu
7300 East Genesee Street
Fayetteville, NY 13066
Telephone (315) 637-8000