Human Resources Administrator / Accounting Clerk Apply
The Craftsman Inn & Suites
Posted January 20, 2020
Human Resources Administrator / Accounting Clerk
The Accounting/HR Clerk is responsible for providing full spectrum administrative support including matters of a confidential nature while also performing various accounting, payroll and HR duties. The Accounting/HR Clerk will be delegated additional responsibilities as part of their development. The Accounting/HR Clerk is to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Meet with new hires and assist them with new hire onboarding paperwork through the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Review all HR Files including I-9’s for compliance and ensure files are up to date and organized at all times.
- Coordinate and assist GM with facilitating new hire orientation and review brand and company policies/procedures.
- Forward employee garnishments, child & medical support orders to corporate office as necessary.
- Enroll all new hires in Time clock once badge numbers are assigned by corporate.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach goals.
- Must ensure that all information is kept confidential and all personnel data including pay checks, personnel files are secured and locked at all times.
- Prepares weekly HR Reports such as Approaching Overtime Report to distribute to managers weekly as well as Anniversary & Birthday reporting and other audit reports as needed.
- Work with Corporate HR and Payroll to ensure all managers have proper access to Time & Attendance and other levels of access if needed.
- Train managers on viewing & editing time in Time & Attendance.
- Enter Accounts payables into accounting system and ensure approval process when coding to correct departments.
- Submit invoices to Finance Department in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the input of daily, weekly, and monthly journal entries.
- Input group blocks into property management system.
- Support COMPANY PILLARS by following and executing: Revenue Improvement, Cost Management/Profitability, Exceeding Guests Expectations, Associate Engagement, and Outstanding Physical Product.
- If you are employed by a branded hotel property, please refer to branded job description for additional duties and information.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Employee Handbook.
- Perform any assigned task not outlined above that the associate has the ability to perform.
Associates Degree preferred. One (1) to two (2) years’ experience in Human Resources and recruitment. Knowledge of the hospitality industry preferred.
Authority and Supervisory Qualifications:
This position reports to the General Manager of the Hotel property. The HR Administrator/Accounting Clerk will work in a team environment and help to support all members of the team to ensure all guests have a great experience.
We are ONE WIDEWATERS, striving to attract and retain the highest quality associates who share our vision of excellence in real estate investments and services. We invest in our associates to develop motivated experts who perform at the highest level of professionalism. Widewaters associates are empowered, collaborative, innovative, attentive to details, and take ownership in everything they do. The result is an unparalleled execution of strategic plan and commitment to client service.
Empowerment – Freedom, power, authority and encouragement given to employees to make decisions related to their specific organizational task.
Collaboration – Individuals working together toward a common purpose to achieve a business benefit.
Innovation – Demonstrates imagination and initiative to improve how we transact business.
Detail Oriented – Pays attention to the details and makes a conscious effort to understand causes instead of just effects.
Accountable – Responsible for one’s own actions, decisions including execution of job responsibilities, and one’s behavior.
A bold transformation has taken place at the Craftsman Inn & Suites. You can still find us near the Fayetteville historic district, Syracuse University, and local attractions such as Green Lakes State Park, but now you’ll find a newly renovated rustic elegance, accented by classic Stickley furnishings. Event spaces have been reimagined to host powerful meetings and impressive social events. And equally remarkable is the Craftsman Wood Grille and Tap House – your on-site place to savor classic American fare and unwind with your favorite cocktail.Widewaters Hotels' Mission & Values
Widewaters Hotels is an award winning, innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Widewaters' Hotels Values: Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
The Craftsman Inn & Suites
90 Room Hotel
A bold transformation has taken place at the Craftsman Inn & Suites. You can still find us near the Fayetteville historic district, Syracuse University, and local attractions such as Green Lakes State Park, but now you’ll find a newly renovated rustic elegance, accented by classic Stickley furnishings. Event spaces have been reimagined to host powerful meetings and impressive social events. And equally remarkable is the Craftsman Wood Grille and Tap House – your on-site place to savor classic American fare and unwind with your favorite cocktail.