Room Attendant/Housekeeper Apply
The Craftsman Inn & Suites
Posted July 24, 2020
The Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining and cleaning the guest rooms of the hotel in accordance to hotel standards in a timely manner. The Room Attendant is also responsible for maintaining the floor hallways, carts, linen closets, etc. The Room Attendant is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
The Room Attendant is focused and responsible for the following:
- Greet guests upon interaction with a warm and friendly greeting.
- Clean guest rooms according to standards within allotted time frame by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Change bed linens and replace towels and other amenities.
- Wipe down furniture and fixtures; dust furniture, walls or equipment.
- Process guest items left in rooms according to lost and found policy.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Notifies guest services when service is complete so rooms may be sold. Report any room unable to be serviced within an appropriate timeframe to supervisor.
- Report needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Check for proper operation of all guest room equipment including televisions, cooling system, hair dryers etc. Ensure all is in good working order prior to each day. Report any deficiency to the appropriate personnel to repair.
- Ensure all guest rooms are secure at all times. This includes checking for proper operation of guest room doors and locks.
- Report any items requiring maintenance to your immediate supervisor and/or engineering department.
- Follow procedures for team cleaning and self-inspection programs.
- Maintain linen cart and supplies in a neat and organized fashion and keep well stocked for the next day.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and ensure appropriate action is taken. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provide a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Maintain security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Perform any assigned task not outlined above that the associate has the ability to perform.
- If you are employed by a branded hotel property, please refer to branded job description for additional duties and information.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Must have attention to detail and be customer service oriented.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have sound administrative skills.
- Knowledge of basic math and analytical skills.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- CPR certified preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A bold transformation has taken place at the Craftsman Inn & Suites. You can still find us near the Fayetteville historic district, Syracuse University, and local attractions such as Green Lakes State Park, but now you’ll find a newly renovated rustic elegance, accented by classic Stickley furnishings. Event spaces have been reimagined to host powerful meetings and impressive social events. And equally remarkable is the Craftsman Wood Grille and Tap House – your on-site place to savor classic American fare and unwind with your favorite cocktail.Widewaters Hotels' Mission & Values
Widewaters Hotels is an award winning, innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Widewaters' Hotels Values: Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
The Craftsman Inn & Suites
90 Room Hotel
The Craftsman Inn & Suites is located near the Fayetteville historic district, Syracuse University, and local attractions such as Green Lakes State Park. Rustic meets elegance, in the newly renovated Inn, accented by classic Stickley furnishings. Event spaces have been re-imaged to host powerful meetings and impressive social events. And equally remarkable is the Craftsman Wood Grille and Tap House – your on-site place to savor classic American fare and unwind with your favorite cocktail. You can also bring your pet to our hotel in Fayetteville, and enjoy free perks such as a fitness center, parking, and hotel-wide Wi-Fi throughout.