Breakfast Cook Apply
The Craftsman Inn & Suites
Posted March 26, 2020
The Breakfast Cook is responsible for organizing, preparing, and cooking all food items as needed for early morning breakfast service. The Breakfast Cook is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Overseeing food preparation and kitchen staff to ensure quality production.
- Responsible for supervising cook and pantry personnel to insure proper use and implementation of management systems and assist kitchen management in assigned duties.
- Prepare food “to order” items for customers using a quality predetermined method in a timely and consistent manner.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all menu items.
- Set up stations required to service all banquet functions and menu items.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate accordingly, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Anticipate all and any menu requests
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
- Take responsibility for assigned employees in absence of Supervisor, assigns work, and ensures proper performance of assigned employees.
- Report to work for scheduled shift, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy
- Check all food for tastes, temperature, and eye appeal.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Constantly spot check food and quality service during all meal periods to ensure that foods served meet our portion control and quality standards. Perform as expeditor during peak meal periods.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food and beverage experience preferred or equivalent training.
- Sense of urgency.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, management, and co-workers.
- CPR certification is preferred.
- Food sanitation certification is a plus and required within 90 days of employment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A bold transformation has taken place at the Craftsman Inn & Suites. You can still find us near the Fayetteville historic district, Syracuse University, and local attractions such as Green Lakes State Park, but now you’ll find a newly renovated rustic elegance, accented by classic Stickley furnishings. Event spaces have been reimagined to host powerful meetings and impressive social events. And equally remarkable is the Craftsman Wood Grille and Tap House – your on-site place to savor classic American fare and unwind with your favorite cocktail.Widewaters Hotels' Mission & Values
Widewaters Hotels is an award winning, innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Widewaters' Hotels Values: Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
The Craftsman Inn & Suites
90 Room Hotel
A bold transformation has taken place at the Craftsman Inn & Suites. You can still find us near the Fayetteville historic district, Syracuse University, and local attractions such as Green Lakes State Park, but now you’ll find a newly renovated rustic elegance, accented by classic Stickley furnishings. Event spaces have been reimagined to host powerful meetings and impressive social events. And equally remarkable is the Craftsman Wood Grille and Tap House – your on-site place to savor classic American fare and unwind with your favorite cocktail.