Hotel Engineering Supervisor Apply
The Craftsman Inn & Suites
Posted August 17, 2019
Widewaters Hotels is looking for a knowledgeable and meticulous HOTEL ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR to work at The Craftsman Inn & Suites in Fayetteville, NY! We offer competitive wage & benefits, excellent PAID TIME OFF and more. Apply Today!
Hotel Engineering Supervisor
The Engineering Supervisor is responsible for implementing and maintaining the maintenance operation for the exterior and interior facilities, including but not limited to life safety issues, electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, HVAC, structural, finishes, landscaping and grounds, and all areas of the hotel’s physical plant.
What you will be doing
- Implement and maintain Engineering Department standards and all other policy and procedures.
- Conduct walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structures of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC system and any other related equipment
- Implement and maintain the Preventative Maintenance, Room Care, and Landscape and Grounds program.
- Hire, train, and develop the Department employees and perform reviews and feedback based upon their performance.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Respond in a courteous manner to guest questions, complaints, or requests.
- Communicate with hotel department to become aware of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests.
- Ensure that all systems and equipment are functioning properly and efficiently.
- Coordinate special projects, including but not limited to: renovations, remodeling, and painting.
- Adhere to all corporate-required purchasing policies and controls, including, but not limited to, all outside contractors bids, budgets and schedules. Follow prescribed safety procedures for personnel and equipment by the company and OSHA.
- Maintain effective Energy Management and Preventative Maintenance programs and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel
- Monitor the level and quality of services performed by outside contractors in accordance with the agreements, service contracts, warranties, service repairs, etc.
- Respond to guest issues in a timely, courteous manner and communicate to department heads to become aware of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests.
- Maintain communication with all other departments.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school or equivalent education.
- Associates’s degree or related technical school degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in hotel, hospital or building maintenance, including 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of intermediate math, metrology, and analytical skills, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess advanced computational ability.
- Must possess advanced computer skills.
- Ability to identify potential losses and liabilities.
- Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA and NLRA.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- HVAC Certification Preferred
- Pool Maintenance Certification (in applicable)
- CPR certified Preferred
- Training in refrigeration, plumbing and electrical
- Must have valid Driver’s License
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
The Craftsman Inn & Suites
90 Room Hotel
A bold transformation has taken place at the Craftsman Inn & Suites. You can still find us near the Fayetteville historic district, Syracuse University, and local attractions such as Green Lakes State Park, but now you’ll find a newly renovated rustic elegance, accented by classic Stickley furnishings. Event spaces have been reimagined to host powerful meetings and impressive social events. And equally remarkable is the Craftsman Wood Grille and Tap House – your on-site place to savor classic American fare and unwind with your favorite cocktail.