Assistant Restaurant Manager Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted June 7, 2019
Assistant Restaurant Manager
The Assistant Restaurant Manager assists the Restaurant Manager in the daily operations of the restaurant including bar if applicable, maintaining established quality and service standards, maximizing profits, controlling expenses, and ensuring sanitation, safety and food quality. This position will work along side the Restaurant Manager to ensure a smooth operation of the dining room, by directing the activity of staff, facilitates the prompt and accurate seating and service of all guests. This position will also assist in coaching, counseling and developing their team. The Assistant Restaurant Manager is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
The Assistant Restaurant Manager is focused and responsible for the following:
- Assist with staffing, training and day-to-day activities of the restaurant and bar staff. Ensure that staff is scheduled based on forecasted business and maintains labor cost objections by adhering to labor standards and also monitors overtime costs.
- Assists the Executive Chef in monitoring the presentation of food product and reviews any areas of concern raised by guests or staff. Ensure that the restaurant is clean and ready for guests at all times.
- Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness through the Food & Beverage profit and service performance of the hotel. Ensuring that all goals are geared toward exceeding guest expectations.
- Work with the other hotel departments to encourage restaurant referrals and develop programs to increase capture ratio’s for meal periods.
- Observe food and beverage outlet operations and take needed action to ensure standards of product presentation and service are being maintained. Taste test food and beverage products for consistency.
- Assist with the selection, training and development of the personnel within the department, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; safety, addressing complaints and resolving problems Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Assists with guest relations and ensure that all guest issues and complaints are addressed in a timely fashion that meets and exceeds guest expectation by providing excellent service.
- Coach staff members to ensure approach encounters with guests and associates are friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Greet restaurant patrons to confirm successful preparation of their meal.
- Utilize leadership and motivational skills in order to maximize employee productivity and rating on guest satisfaction surveys.
- It is expected that this position have commitment to the operation and have flexible hours, take ownership of the restaurant.
- This position must also wear and maintain appropriate business attire, as well as ensure all team members are also in proper uniform at all times.
- Work closely with Food & Beverage management to gain knowledge and education of food & wine, and to ensure this information is then communicated to all restaurant staff to ensure superior service.
- Assists the Restaurant Manager in planning and directing all work activities in Restaurant & bar.
- Performs duties of the Restaurant Manager while they are absent.
- Understand Unifocus or STAR results and hold the staff accountable and praise them of any successes.
- Must be able to participate in the hotel’s MOD program.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- Perform any assigned task not outlined above that the associate has the ability to perform.
- If you are employed by a branded hotel property, please refer to branded job description for additional duties and information.
- Support COMPANY PILLARS by following and executing: Revenue Improvement, Cost Management/Profitability, Exceeding Guests Expectations, Associate Engagement, and Outstanding Physical Product.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels LLC Employee Handbook.
- High school or equivalent education required. Minimum of 2 years Food & Beverage management experience with a restaurant organization or a similar size hotel.
- Must have 2-3 years previous supervisory experience.
- Must have through knowledge of all food & beverage operating departments
- Must have knowledge of food & beverage industry, current market trends and federal, state, and local laws pertaining to the hospitality industry such as OSHA, Alcohol Awareness training, Food Sanitation and Safety regulations.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Accounts Receivable / General Cashier
- Assistant Banquet Manager
- Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Setup/Banquet Houseperson
- Bartender (AM)
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Convention Services Manager
- Cook II/Line Cook
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Engineer I
- Engineer I (Hotel Maintenance Technician)
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Office Supervisor
- Greens Supervisor
- Greenskeeper Superintendent
- Health Club Attendant
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Laundry Attendant
- Nail Technician
- Public Area Attendant
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Spa Massage Therapist