Convention Services Manager Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted June 6, 2019
Convention Services Manager
The Convention Service Manager is responsible for efficient and professional coordination of all assigned conventions and meeting groups. The Convention Service Manager is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
The Convention Service Manager is focused and responsible for the following:
- Coordinates arrangements for group meetings, conferences, and group room blocks including city wide conventions.
- Consults with representatives of client group or organization to plan details such as number of persons expected, display space desired, meeting room set configurations, audio visual needs and food service requirements.
- Coordinate activities of various departments to service accounts, such as directing room service in the creation and delivery of VIP amenities.
- Detail Banquet Event Orders, and other internal documents relating to guest events.
- Communicate with sales, front office and reservations in order to coordinate and monitor guest room blocks and special reservation needs. Assign banquet/meeting rooms set up based on needs of clients, e.g., classroom, rounds. Review banquet associates’ work to ensure accuracy. Monitor in house group activity providing assistance as needed such as organizing exhibit set up.
- Establish rapport with entertainment meeting planners while promoting hotel facilities and services. Conduct walking site inspections throughout property.
- Assist sales staff in promoting hotel, developing leads and securing re-bookings.
- Plan and conduct pre and post-convention meetings with clients and respective departments.
- Document tracking of group activity. Access and input data into a computer system to generate account history reports.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Develop and maintain relationship with key clients in order to produce groups and convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, catering/banquet services.
- Assists the Catering Managers with office coverage, inquiries and walk-ins during high peak business season.
- Train on Sales Standards and Brand Standards if branded.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attends out-of-town conventions to generate convention and group business
- Assists Director of Sales in the development and update of the hotel-level business plan to include input on sales goals and plans that support the overall business and sales strategies of the company.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- Perform any assigned task not outlined above that the associate has the ability to perform.
- Adhere to and implement the revenue management philosophy of Widewaters Hotels as provided by the Corporate revenue manager
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
- Support COMPANY PILLARS by following and executing: Revenue Improvement, Cost Management/Profitability, Exceeding Guest Expectations, Associate Engagement, and Outstanding Physical Product.
- Support catering sales or sales other outlets as needed.
- If you are employed by a branded hotel property, please refer to branded job description for additional duties and information. (attached)
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in Business or Hospitality related field preferred; and at least 2 years of sales experience in hospitality preferred.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry, have a strong sales and marketing background, sound administrative skills, and well developed management skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess advanced computational ability.
- Must possess advanced Excel skills
- Must possess advanced computer skills.
- Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis. Continually improve customer retention factors.
- Represent hotel in a professional manner.
- Familiar with Sales Pro and/or other sales systems
- Must have confidence evident through speaking and conversational skills with peers and clients.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously within short time frames.
- Good analytic and problem solving skills.
- Shows initiative in planning, organization and presentation of projects in order to get job done in reasonable time limits.
- Must have good negation skills.
- Clear, concise and timely communication with all hotel departments.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Accounts Receivable / General Cashier
- Assistant Banquet Manager
- Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Setup/Banquet Houseperson
- Bartender (AM)
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Convention Services Manager
- Cook II/Line Cook
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Engineer I
- Engineer I (Hotel Maintenance Technician)
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Office Supervisor
- Greens Supervisor
- Greenskeeper Superintendent
- Health Club Attendant
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Laundry Attendant
- Nail Technician
- Public Area Attendant
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Spa Massage Therapist