Accounts Receivable / General Cashier Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted June 5, 2019
Widewaters Hotels is looking for an analytical and detailed ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE / GENERAL CASHIER to join the Woodcliff Hotel & Spa - The premier destination resort in the Finger Lakes! Take the first step to joining an incredible team and taking your career to the next level by Applying Now!
Accounts Receivable / General Cashier
The Accounts Receivable / General Cashier is responsible for assisting with financial and operational activities including monitoring, maintaining and overseeing the handing of all cash for the hotel. This Accounts Receivable / General Cashier is also responsible for delivering outstanding guest service and financial profitability. The General Cashier is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Open and verify cash “drop” envelopes from outlets and Front Desk.
- Prepare and distribute the various reports to outlet managers, Front Desk, and Accounting.
- Audit house banks as per schedule.
- Prepare paperwork for bank deposit at prescribed time(s).
- Controls House Fund of this property including all banks issued out of this fund for house banks.
- Research cash shortages.
- Reconciling General Ledger accounts.
- Reviewing discrepancies and problematic accounts.
- Participating in audits and processing reports.
- Performs bank audits at random on a regular basis.
- Processes all property petty cash for reimbursement into negotiable funds.
- Prepare tickets for cash banquet functions.
- Protect confidentiality of all relevant information.
- Handles guest inquiry and credit card charge-back research.
- Preparation of invoices with appropriate back up – i.e. folios, banquet checks.
- Sending of bills to clients.
- Record keeping of collection efforts i.e. date sent, date called for follow up (30+).
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- High School Degree or Equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in hospitality.
- Ability to communicate with guests, management, and co-workers.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Accounts Receivable / General Cashier
- Assistant Banquet Manager
- Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Setup/Banquet Houseperson
- Bartender (AM)
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Convention Services Manager
- Cook II/Line Cook
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Engineer I
- Engineer I (Hotel Maintenance Technician)
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Office Supervisor
- Greens Supervisor
- Greenskeeper Superintendent
- Health Club Attendant
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Laundry Attendant
- Nail Technician
- Public Area Attendant
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Spa Massage Therapist