Beverage Manager Apply
The Craftsman Inn & Suites
Posted August 22, 2019
Do you have a passion for the restaurant industry and the latest food and beverage trends? Widewaters Hotels is looking for a motivating BEVERAGE MANAGER to help lead The Craftsman Wood Grille & Tap House! We offer competitive Wage & Benefits, Excellent Paid Time Off & more! Apply today!
The Beverage Manager oversees and leads the daily operations and functions for all beverage outlets and is accountable for the achievement of beverage sales volume and operating profit objectives. The Beverage Manager will assist in developing and maintain established quality and service standards, maximizing profits, controlling expenses and ensuring a high execution in sanitation, safety and quality. This positon will assist the Food & Beverage leadership team in ensuring a smooth operation in all outlets by directing the activity of staff to ensure consistent and high quality execution of service for our guests. This Position will also be responsible for coaching, counseling and developing their team. The beverage Manager is required to adhere to mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Maintain a clean and well organized beer, liquor, and/or wine storage room. Develop pars based on historical usage and trends in the business.
- Work with the F&B Director to achieve department budget goals in cost of beverage and beverage profitability for all outlets. Review pricing regularly, and product sales mix to deliver optimum value for our guests and profitability for the hotel.
- Ensure that all beverages lists maintain a professional appearance at all times. They should be well developed to coincide with the concept of each outlet, and on trend with what is current in the industry/market.
- Assist in the management, staffing, training and day-to-day activities of all beverage outlets.
- Ensure staff is scheduled based on forecasted business levels and maintains labor cost objections by adhering to labor standards and also monitors overtime costs.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive beverage training program for all outlets to include new hire training as well as ongoing training programs.
- Ensure all applicable beverage staff have received Alcohol Awareness Safety or TIPS certification training.
- Assists the Executive Chef in monitoring the presentation of food product and reviews any areas of concern raised by guests or staff. Ensure that the restaurant is clean and ready for guests at all times.
- Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness through the Food & Beverage profit and service performance of the hotel. Ensuring that all goals are geared toward exceeding guest expectations.
- Work with the other hotel departments to encourage restaurant referrals and develop programs to increase capture ratio’s for meal periods.
- Observe beverage outlet operations and take needed action to ensure standards of product presentation and service are being maintained. Taste test food and beverage products for consistency.
- Responsible for the selection, training and development of the personnel within the department, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; safety, addressing complaints and resolving problems Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Manages guest relations and ensure that all guest issues and complaints are addressed in a timely fashion that meets and exceeds guest expectation by providing excellent service.
- Provide direction and be accountable for the implementation of plans. Monitor effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace. Set targets, plan and schedule work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures.
- Implement special event menus and promotions, such as holiday and special event promotions and present to Food & Beverage Director.
- Ensure all staff members approach encounters with guests and associates in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Greet restaurant patrons to confirm successful delivery/tastings of their beverages.
- Assist in the development of marketing plan by reviewing available data and conducting competitive surveys. Analyze market trends and implement strategies to improve patronage.
- Utilize leadership and motivational skills in order to maximize employee productivity and rating on guest satisfaction surveys.
- It is expected that this position have commitment to the operation and have flexible hours.
- This position should focus on outside sales and growth of revenue. On a daily basis, new business should be solicited, and community relationships should be generated and nurtured.
- This position must also wear and maintain appropriate business attire, as well as ensure all team members are also in proper uniform at all times.
- Work closely with Food & Beverage Director, and Executive Chef to gain knowledge and education of food & wine, and to ensure this information is then communicated to all restaurant staff to ensure superior service.
- Work continuously towards positive revenue growth.
- Focus on Unifocus or STAR results and hold the staff accountable and praise them of any successes.
- Must be able to participate in the hotel’s MOD program.
- High school education or equivalent education.
- A minimum of five years Food & Beverage management experience with a restaurant organization or a similar size hotel.
- Must have 3-5 years of previous supervisory experience.
- Must have through knowledge of all food & beverage operating departments
- Must have knowledge of food & beverage industry, current market trends and federal, state, and local laws pertaining to the hospitality industry such as OSHA, TIPS training, Food Sanitation and Safety regulations.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Ability to supervise large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy; and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA and NLRA.
- TIPS certified strongly preferred. (or obtained within 90 days of employment)
- ServSafe, CPR, and/or First Aid certifications are preferred.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
The Craftsman Inn & Suites
90 Room Hotel
A bold transformation has taken place at the Craftsman Inn & Suites. You can still find us near the Fayetteville historic district, Syracuse University, and local attractions such as Green Lakes State Park, but now you’ll find a newly renovated rustic elegance, accented by classic Stickley furnishings. Event spaces have been reimagined to host powerful meetings and impressive social events. And equally remarkable is the Craftsman Wood Grille and Tap House – your on-site place to savor classic American fare and unwind with your favorite cocktail.