Lead Line Cook Apply
The Craftsman Wood Grille & Tap House
Posted August 11, 2019
Widewaters Hotels is looking for a passionate LEAD LINE COOK for the Craftsman Wood Grille & Tap House. We offer competitive wage & benefits, excellent Paid Time Off & more, so Apply Now!
Lead Line Cook
The Cook Lead is responsible for organizing, preparing, and cooking all food items in assigned stations for banquets and restaurant meals and assists the Executive Chef in the training and support of the kitchen staff. The Cook I is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Working cook in all areas of kitchen, prep, pantry or line.
- Overseeing food preparation and kitchen staff to ensure quality production.
- Responsible for supervising cook and pantry personnel to insure proper use and implementation of management systems and assist kitchen management in assigned duties.
- Prepare food “to order” items for customers using a quality predetermined method in a timely and consistent manner.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all menu items.
- Set up stations required to service all banquet functions and menu items.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate accordingly, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Anticipate all and any menu requests
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
- Take responsibility for assigned employees in absence of Supervisor, assigns work, and ensures proper performance of assigned employees.
- Report to work for scheduled shift, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy
- Check all food for tastes, temperature, and eye appeal.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Constantly spot check food and quality service during all meal periods to ensure that foods served meet our portion control and quality standards. Perform as expeditor during peak meal periods.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Prepare and submit requisitions to Executive or Sous Chef for staple food items
- Adhere to hotel/kitchen sanitation standards; avoid cross contamination of products and follow proper rotation practices to decrease spoilage.
- Adhere to recipes and food pictures to ensure uniformity and consistency.
- Consult with Executive/Sous Chef on forecasted business volumes.
- Maintain an open line of communication at all times with any and all departments
- Follow counts/food preparation on BEO
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach goals.
- Knowledge of food preparation, menu concepts sanitation regulations, and safety measures
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- High School Degree or Equivalent. Degree from Culinary Program preferred Minimum of 2 years experience in food preparation.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have intermediate kitchen skills.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
The Craftsman Wood Grille & Tap House
Experience Craftsman Wood Grille, our on-site restaurant featuring the contemporary American cuisine of Chef Steve Batur. Choose from a creative selection of appetizers and salads, plus exceptional entrées made from the highest quality meats and local produce. Sample our award-winning wine list while relaxing on our outdoor patio.
Hours of Operations:
- Mon-Sat: 11am - 12am midnight
- Sunday: 9am - 4pm Brunch Menu
- Sunday: 4pm-10pm Dinner Menu
7300 East Genesee Street
Fayetteville, NY 13066
Telephone (315) 637-8000