Cook II/Line Cook Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted August 5, 2019
Widewaters Hotels is looking for LINE COOKS for The Woodcliff Hotel and Spa! We offer competitive Wage & Benefits, Excellent Paid Time Off & more - Apply Now!
Cook II/Line Cook
The Cook II is responsible for organizing, preparing, and cooking all food items in assigned stations for banquets and restaurant meals. The Cook II is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Prepare food “to order” items for customers using a quality predetermined method in a timely and consistent manner.
- Set up stations required to service all banquet functions and menu items.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate accordingly, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Anticipate all and any menu requests
- Check all food for tastes, temperature, and eye appeal.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Constantly spot check food and quality service during all meal periods to ensure that foods served meet our portion control and quality standards.Perform as expeditor during peak meal periods.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Prepare and submit requisitions to Executive or Sous Chef for staple food items
- Adhere to hotel/kitchen sanitation standards; avoid cross contamination of products and follow proper rotation practices to decrease spoilage.
- Adhere to recipes and food pictures to ensure uniformity and consistency.
- Consult with Executive/Sous Chef on forecasted business volumes.
- Maintain an open line of communication at all times with any and all departments
- Follow counts/food preparation on BEO
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach goals.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
- Knowledge of food preparation, menu concepts sanitation regulations, and safety measures
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- High School Degree or Equivalent. Degree from Culinary Program preferred Minimum of 2 years experience in food preparation.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have intermediate kitchen skills.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Assistant Banquet Manager
- Banquet Bartender
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Setup/Banquet Houseperson
- Business Transient Sales Manager
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Cook II/Line Cook
- Front Office Supervisor
- Health Club Attendant
- Human Resources Manager
- In Room Dining Server
- Laundry Attendant
- Nail Technician
- Prep Cook / Garde
- Public Area Attendant
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper