Greenskeeper Superintendent Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted June 10, 2019
Widewaters Hotels is looking for a SENIOR GREENSKEEPER SUPERVISOR to experience the extraordinary at the WOODCLIFF HOTEL & SPA featuring the beautiful golf course overlooking Rochester skyline. Apply today to join a tremendous TEAM with lots of room for ADVANCEMENT!
The Greenskeeper is responsible for daily inspection and the overall upkeep and maintenance of golf course and hotel lawn areas. The Greenskeeper is responsible for watering, trimming, lawn cutting, raking of sand traps, trash cleanup, minor sprinkler/ soaker line repairs and maintenance. The Greenskeeper is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Approach all encounters with guests, vendors/providers and employees with a friendly, sincere and courteous attitude.
- Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs to the Maintenance Manager.
- Assists Maintenance Manager with special maintenance projects as necessary.
- Operates riding or power mowers (if legally permissible) to cut turf on greens, collars, tees, fairways, rough and hotel lawn areas.
- Participates in daily set up of course.
- Operates string trimmers.
- Operates tractor with loader and backhoe.
- Operates and maintains course irrigation system
- Working knowledge of the use of fertilizers and pesticides for maintaining a golf course.
- Connects hoses and sprinkler systems at designated points on the course to irrigate turf.
- Dig and rake ground to prepare new greens; grades and cleans sand traps.
- Must have basic understanding of greens conditions including dryness/wetness, disease, mowing, and cup changes.
- Relocate cup positions on greens.
- Top-dress greens, tees, and other areas as directed.
- Perform necessary horticultural activities to turf areas of golf course (i.e. spike, groom, brush and/or roll).
- Remove trash daily from sidewalks, grounds, landscaping, parking lots, exterior trash cans and keep area free from debris.
- May assist in monitoring and/or controlling maintenance inventory and/or supplies.
- Moves heavy objects as requested.
- Fertilizes, water, weed, cut and trim landscaping.
- Remove, trim, prune, and replace dead or damaged plants, shrubs and trees, and haul away
- Store tools and equipment in clean and safe condition.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform
- Maintain the appearance of fountains, planters, or other water features including water quality, by cleaning, replacing or making repairs.
- Plant new flowers, bulbs and shrubs in appropriate seasons.
- Maintain flower beds, baskets, and boxes by watering, removing weeds, trimming, and
performing other maintenance.
- Trim and edge grass in areas that mowers cannot reach
- Operate trucks, or utility vehicles to transport equipment, supplies, materials, and debris. Wash, clean, and re-fuel all equipment after use.
- Performs all preventative maintenance on all equipment as well as basic minor repairs according to manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures.
- Performs general snow removal including but not limited to shoveling, snow plowing salt spreading, and snow blowing.
- Must have availability to work hours necessary to perform all aspects of the job including working early mornings, late evenings, weekdays, and weekends.
- Assists in maintenance/construction projects that may require manual labor.
- Maintains supply inventory.
- Keeps storage areas organized.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming per local hotel policy guidelines,
- Comply at all times with Access standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations including having a complete understanding of emergency systems and guest safety and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure vehicles are locked and secured when not attended.
- Inform General Manager immediately of any Motor Vehicle infractions, tickets, driver
license suspensions, or accidents.
- Work in a team environment and assist and support all members of the team to ensure a great hotel stay experience for the guests.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of proper maintenance techniques, requirements, and use of equipment of the Golf Course
- At least one year of related applicable experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers.
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in golf course grounds maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry is preferred and have sound administrative skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Ability to stay on task as most tasks are performed in a team environment with minimal
- CPR certified preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pesticdies applicators license "preferred"
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Accounts Receivable / General Cashier
- Assistant Banquet Manager
- Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Setup/Banquet Houseperson
- Bartender (AM)
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Convention Services Manager
- Cook II/Line Cook
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Engineer I
- Engineer I (Hotel Maintenance Technician)
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Office Supervisor
- Greens Supervisor
- Greenskeeper Superintendent
- Health Club Attendant
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Laundry Attendant
- Nail Technician
- Public Area Attendant
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Spa Massage Therapist