Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted March 14, 2019
The Lifeguard is responsible for maintaining the pool area (indoor and outdoor, depending on season) as well as other recreational areas of the hotel. The Lifeguard is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- The Lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the safety and comfort of all guests/members while using the pools and other recreational areas.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Woodcliff Hotel and Spa standards, as required
by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with Woodcliff Hotel and Spa standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Ensure the exclusivity of the club by checking membership cards, hotel room keys, hotel guest registers, and health club member lists.
- Test the pool and spa water as scheduled for P.H. and chlorine count. Regulate if necessary and record findings accurately. Report any unusual variances to the Health Club Manager or the Maintenance Engineer.
- Empty skimmer baskets daily.
- Check and regulate water levels and temperatures.
- Check safety equipment (first aid kit, etc.) to make sure they are ready to use in an emergency situation.
- Check air temperatures. Regulate if necessary. Report any unusual variances to the Health Club Manager or Maintenance Engineer.
- Keep all areas spotlessly clean and organized.
- Keep pool supplied with towels for guests to use. Remove used towels from pool and locker
- Coordinate with housekeeping on laundering.
- Record bather load continually.
- Check sauna temperatures in locker rooms.
- Check Brominators, PH stabilizers, filter pressure, temperatures in pump room daily. These rooms must be orderly and clean.
- Supervise swimmers to ensure they all follow the rules and regulations.
- Vacuum pool regularly.
- Govern all rules prescribed by the Health Department regarding pool safety.
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times. Our guests/members are the reason we are here.
- Collect, deposit, and account for all charges incurred by guests/members.
- Communicate with Housekeeping and Engineering to ensure perfect cleanliness and maintenance
of the entire facility.
- Address, document, and follow up on any member/guest complaints or comments.
- Attend and participate in all staff, team, and educational training/meetings
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up with guest to ensure satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach goals.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Ability to work sufficiently in area of hire
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Server
- Café Attendant
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Engineer I
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Office Supervisor
- Golf and Health Club Supervisor
- Health Club Attendant
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Nail Technician
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Room Service Attendant
- Spa Coordinator
- Spa Cosmetologist
- Spa Massage Therapist