Director of Sales & Marketing Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted March 8, 2019
The Woodcliff Hotel & Spa, a premier destination in the Rochester Finger Lakes region, is looking for an innovative and proven sales leader to be the DIRECTOR OF SALES & MARKETING! If you're driven by success and looking for an opportunity that provides bonus and exotic trip incentives, apply today!
Director of Sales & Marketing
The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for directing, coordinating and supervising Sales Staff in all sales-related activities, including direct sales efforts, marketing, follow-up, and proper sales administration. The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for developing and growing existing accounts and generating new business to ensure that Rooms and Banquet (food and beverage) revenues meet or exceed budget in order to maximize revenues and profits while maintaining guest/client satisfaction. The Director of Sales is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters’ Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
The Director of Sales is focused and responsible for the following:
- Direct all activities of the hotel sales team, providing leadership and motivation necessary to implement effective sales and marketing strategies and to maximize the generation of hotel sales/revenues.
- Develop and maintain relationship with key clients in order to produce groups and convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, catering/banquet services.
- Develop and manage the departmental budget and monitor sales activities and performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan and to accurately report variances/projections.
- Attend regular weekly revenue calls, daily “Sales Start” meetings and monthly Pillar calls.
- Assists GM with providing weekly Pillar update report.
- Coordinate Group Transient and Catering booking to maximize profits.
- Operate and manage expenses within established hotel sales budget.
- Develop hotel-level tactical sales and marketing plans to support overall system-wide sales plans/strategies and programs.
- Ensure the execution of Sales and Marketing plans.
- Implement and train on Sales Standards and Brand Standards if branded.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attends out-of-town conventions to generate convention and group business.
- Assists General Manager in the development and update of the hotel-level business plan to include input on sales goals and plans that support the overall business and sales strategies of the company. Maintains an effective business plan.
- Recruit, hire, train and provide mentoring/development for all sales personnel; conducts performance evaluations and provides feedback to employees using company hiring standards and guidelines.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- Soliciting new accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Prospect for new clients which will include setting up appointments, perform inside and outside cold calls as recommended per solicitation goals for self.
- Support sales team in achieving outside sales goals and assist with client site visits.
- Plan and conduct quarterly sales blitzes.
- Attend outside networking functions such as luncheons, chamber events, or other community/business based networking receptions.
- Use creativity and initiative to explore new ways to increase revenue.
- The Director of Sales & Marketing must have flexibility, anticipate some scheduled weekend and evening hours, including participation in the Manager-On-Duty coverage.
- Respond to all sales inquiries and voice mails by next scheduled business day.
- Create detailed proposal documents for prospective clients with event estimates, photos, packages, menu suggestions and other suggestive material.
- Preparing contracts.
- Responding to RFP generating websites.
- Maintain proper updated property photos and hotel description information for marketing collateral.
- Create and maintain tradeshow database information.
- Oversee Social Media Marketing including frequent postings and/or running promotions.
- Oversee, approve and assist with development of creation of flyers for individual group segments and purchasing of promotional materials.
- Approve purchasing of appropriate promotional items and materials.
- Ensures marketing collateral is professional in appearance, using correct letterhead, logos, and ensuring all branding strategies are met.
- Oversees all inventory of marketing collateral and ensures outdated materials are discarded
- If working for a branded property, Participates on Brand Performance calls and provide constructive ideas and feedback for marketing.
- Initiates press releases for events, including but not limited to grand openings, renovations, holiday and seasonal promotions and other high client profile events.
- Prepare presentation material for electronic marketing webinars for sales presentations, sales blitzes and corporate sponsored events.
- Oversee photo management and file storage in conjunction with Director of Communications to ensure outdated imagery is removed from property library and use.
- Maintain and update property profile, offers and information on websites and portals.
- Identify and keep updated local and regional on line listing sites for all revenue areas including Food and Beverage, Spa, Golf, Rooms.
- Maintain competitive research for all revenue areas including information for holidays, special events.
- Ensure property information is displayed correctly and effectively on hotel websites, and Third Party Sites.
- Ensure promotional flyers and brochures are properly distributed throughout hotel including but not limited to guest rooms, elevators, bar and restaurant areas.
- Must be able to participate in the hotel’s MOD program as needed.
- Adhere to and implement the revenue management philosophy of Widewaters Hotels as provided by the Director of & Revenue Management
- Must dress in business attire at all times and have a positive attitude.
- Perform any assigned task not outlined above that the associate has the ability to perform.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
To perform this job successfully, an employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred; and three years related experience in a Senior Sales role
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry, have a strong sales and marketing background, sound administrative skills, and well developed management skills.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess advanced computational ability.
- Must possess advanced Excel skills
- Must possess advanced computer skills.
- Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Thorough knowledge of Sales Pro sales system or similar
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Server
- Café Attendant
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Engineer I
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Office Supervisor
- Golf and Health Club Supervisor
- Health Club Attendant
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Nail Technician
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Room Service Attendant
- Spa Coordinator
- Spa Cosmetologist
- Spa Massage Therapist