Engineer Technician (Hotel Maintenance) Apply
The Craftsman Inn & Suites
Posted April 3, 2019
Widewaters Hotels is looking for a knowledgeable and meticulous ENGINEER TECHNICIAN to work at The Craftsman Inn & Suites in Fayetteville, NY! Apply today to join a passionate team!
Engineer Technician (Hotel Maintenance)
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
Widewaters Hotels, LLC regards employees as its single greatest asset. We seek energetic, passionate, results oriented professionals to join our team. If you possess these qualities, we are interested in learning more about you.
The Engineer Technician is responsible for maintaining areas of the hotel facility, including the physical building structure, and assisting with mechanical, refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. The Engineer Technician is responsible for ensuring the upkeep of guest area, including landscaping and grounds maintenance.
What you will be doing
- Complete work orders, and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structures of the hotel: including mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, masonry and other related equipment with guidance of the Chief Engineer.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance, Room Care, Landscape and Grounds programs.
- Complete all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, outlets, pools, spa/whirpool (if necessary), BOH spaces and grounds.
- Assist with repairs as needed which may require climbing a ladder and/or working on a roof.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment.
- Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention.
- Respond to guest calls, complaints, and team member work orders in a timely, courteous and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment.
- Communicate all maintenance needs to manager, as well as appropriate hotel department heads. Ensure a timely response to internal requests.
- Ensure that all systems and equipment are functioning properly and efficiently.
- Perform maintenance of parking lot, snow removal, and landscaping as needed.
- Respond to all emergency situations including fire alarms, bomb threats, disasters and power failures; notify the appropriate authorities.
- Recognize potential safety hazards and security problems and act upon each accordingly by reporting them to Chief Engineer.
- Practice safe working procedures at all times and adheres to industry standard protocols. (i.e. Lock Out-Tag Out)
- Understand fire exit and extinguisher locations, and follow all hotel safety rules and procedures.
- Assist in special projects, including, but not limited to: renovations, remodeling, and painting.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- High School education or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in a maintenance capacity.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Should possess thorough knowledge of OSHA.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry is preferred.
- CPR certification is preferred
- You should have training in basic maintenance and carpentry
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.
- The Engineer Technician will deal with stressful situations and work in a fast-paced environment. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, this employee must be able to work varying schedules, including long hours, to reflect the business needs and workload of the hotel, as well as assigned responsibilities from the Department Manager.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
The Craftsman Inn & Suites
90 Room Hotel
A bold transformation has taken place at the Craftsman Inn & Suites. You can still find us near the Fayetteville historic district, Syracuse University, and local attractions such as Green Lakes State Park, but now you’ll find a newly renovated rustic elegance, accented by classic Stickley furnishings. Event spaces have been reimagined to host powerful meetings and impressive social events. And equally remarkable is the Craftsman Wood Grille and Tap House – your on-site place to savor classic American fare and unwind with your favorite cocktail.