Restaurant Supervisor Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted March 22, 2019
The Restaurant Supervisor is responsible for assisting in ensuring the smooth operation of the dining room by directing the activity of staff, facilitate the prompt and accurate seating and service of all guests, accept payment for food and beverage, and make proper change to help servers in assuring quality customer service. The Restaurant Supervisor is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
The Restaurant Supervisor is focused and responsible for the following:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Greet and seat guests at appropriate tables in a timely manner
- Be aware of guests’ needs; assist in providing a pleasant dining experience
- Collect money or credit cards from guests and servers
- Direct activity of staff, supervise, and evaluate performance of restaurant associates.
- Assist in the training and development of associates.
- Assist associates in the performance of their duties.
- Provide information to the Food & Beverage Director or Restaurant Manager concerning outlet needs.
- Complete end of shift paperwork.
- Regular and prompt attendance as well as the ability to work the schedule as defined and overtime as required.
- Schedule staff accordingly to accommodate business demand.
- Meet and speak to guests concerning special needs or complaints.
- Open and close shift in accordance with manager's checklist.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment for all associates and guests.
- Monitor hours and staffing overtime on a daily basis for restaurant, as it relates to sales and profits.
- Attend restaurant associate meetings.
- Gather and implement all proper tools for running shift (i.e. schedules, floor plans, reservations, checks, etc.).
- Ensure that guests are satisfied by assisting with service, seating, and communicating with kitchen and by striving to speak to all guests.
- Ensure all side work is done on a daily basis.
- Handle guest service issues or complaints
- Pay out servers and service attendants tips, if appropriate
- Take reservations for outlets
- Ensure quality control of menu items, and cleanliness and appearance of restaurant and staff.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs.
- Monitor bartenders for proper alcohol service/guest intoxication levels etc. while adhering to local liquor laws.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements, and use of equipment in the Restaurant.
- Ability to train staff on customer service, and systems.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a supervisory food and beverage role.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have sound administrative skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Server
- Café Attendant
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Engineer I
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Office Supervisor
- Golf and Health Club Supervisor
- Health Club Attendant
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Nail Technician
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Room Service Attendant
- Spa Coordinator
- Spa Cosmetologist
- Spa Massage Therapist