Room Attendant/Housekeeper Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted March 10, 2019
The Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining and cleaning the guest rooms of the hotel in accordance to hotel standards in a timely manner. The Room Attendant is also responsible for maintaining the floor hallways, carts, linen closets, etc. The Room Attendant is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
The Room Attendant is focused and responsible for the following:
- Greet guests upon interaction with a warm and friendly greeting.
- Clean guest rooms according to standards within allotted time frame by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Change bed linens and replace towels and other amenities.
- Wipe down furniture and fixtures; dust furniture, walls or equipment.
- Process guest items left in rooms according to lost and found policy.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Notifies guest services when service is complete so rooms may be sold. Report any room unable to be serviced within an appropriate timeframe to supervisor.
- Report needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Check for proper operation of all guest room equipment including televisions, cooling system, hair dryers etc. Ensure all is in good working order prior to each day. Report any deficiency to the appropriate personnel to repair.
- Ensure all guest rooms are secure at all times. This includes checking for proper operation of guest room doors and locks.
- Report any items requiring maintenance to your immediate supervisor and/or engineering department.
- Follow procedures for team cleaning and self-inspection programs.
- Maintain linen cart and supplies in a neat and organized fashion and keep well stocked for the next day.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and ensure appropriate action is taken. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provide a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Maintain security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Be aware of guests’ needs; assist in providing a pleasant experience.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.
- Complete training on all company/brand requirements
- Assists others as needed and special projects, as necessary.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
- Support COMPANY PILLARS by following and executing: Revenue Improvement, Cost Management/Profitability, Exceeding Guests Expectations, Associate Engagement, and Outstanding Physical Product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- Perform any assigned task not outlined above that the associate has the ability to perform.
- If you are employed by a branded hotel property, please refer to branded job description for additional duties and information.
- Strong Guest Service Skills
- Must have attention to detail and be customer service oriented.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have sound administrative skills.
- Knowledge of basic math and analytical skills.
- Critical Thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- CPR certified preferred.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Server
- Café Attendant
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Engineer I
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Office Supervisor
- Golf and Health Club Supervisor
- Health Club Attendant
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Nail Technician
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Room Service Attendant
- Spa Coordinator
- Spa Cosmetologist
- Spa Massage Therapist