Front Office Supervisor Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted December 27, 2018
Front Office Supervisor
The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Front Office and assisting the Front Office managerial personnel in the overall operation of the Front Office. This employee will ensure that front desk communications meet hotel standards for maximum guest satisfaction. This employee will act as the main contact for guest and other hotel departments in the absence of Front Office managerial personnel or as required.
What you will be doing
- Greet guests immediately upon arrival; register and assign guests to hotel rooms.
- Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Review current day expected arrivals and check all VIP and special request reservations to ensure that they are preregistered, blocked properly and other departments are notified of room assignment.
- Review daily room availability and relay all pertinent information to front desk agents, reservations, telephone operators, department managers and other supervisors.
- Complete room’s reports as necessary.
- Resolve guest complaints and concerns by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Oversee front office operations in the absence of the Front Office Managerial Personnel.
- Observe and supervise front desk agents and ensure that established procedures are completed in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Assists and/or develops the scheduling with the General Manager or Front Office Managerial Personnel. Coordinate breaks for staff to ensure there is coverage at the desk at all times and work is completed efficiently according to schedule.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Night Audit policies and procedures.
- Assist General Manager or Assistant General Manager in interviewing and training.
- Compute bills, collect payments, handle cash, and make change for guests.
- Close out guest accounts at time of check out. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Assists others as needed and special projects, as necessary.
- High School education or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in hospitality a supervisory rooms role.
- Knowledge of basic math and analytical skills, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have sound administrative skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA and NLRA.
- Must be able to participate in the hotel’s MOD program.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Manager
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Server
- Café Attendant
- Catering Sales Manager
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Cook II/Line Cook
- Engineer I
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Office Manager
- Front Office Supervisor
- Health Club Attendant
- Hotel Guest Services Representative
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Nail Technician
- Public Area Attendant
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Room Service Attendant
- Spa Coordinator
- Spa Cosmetologist
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Wedding and Events Sales Manager