Banquet Manager Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted February 1, 2019
The Banquet Manager manages the daily operations of the banquet department and coordinates, trains, and directs all Banquet personnel. The Banquet Manager is responsible for assuring the success of all banquet events while maintaining high standards of service and positive guest satisfaction.
What you will be doing
- Ensure that proper scheduling of staff is done appropriately based on forecasted business and in advance without putting department in unnecessarily overtime.
- When practical, this position must be present at all wedding functions and other high client profile events.
- Participate and schedules BEO/Group Resume Meetings in addition to departmental meetings, and regular “one on one” meetings with support staff.
- Review all written communications i.e. Banquet Event Orders, Resumes, etc. to determine appropriate staffing levels, room/station assignments, décor, and enhancements as they relate to banquets and meeting room set up. Ensure that communication of all changes is made throughout departments. Communicate all changes within the Banquet Department and makes adjustments according to the above items. Communicate information to the kitchen and other supportive departments prior to and during events.
- Maintain an open line of communication at all times with any and all departments.
- Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of banquet functions and meetings while maintaining high standards of food, beverage and meeting specifications. Ensure a smooth transition and follow-up from one function to another.
- Oversee all set-up and removal functions to include setting silverware, draping tables, linens, folding napkins and arranging centerpieces/décor are done to the highest of expectations.
- Be informed of hotel and or brand standard operating procedures and aware of various types of set-up. Discuss opportunities to improve or suggest alternatives that will enhance the quality of the room or presentation.
- Gives direction to the A/V team of setting up equipment.
- Responsible for the development & administration of hotel and or brand training plans to ensure a high quality presentation and level of customer service within the department.
- Give daily support and guidance to fellow banquet personnel as well as monitor job performance.
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness, sanitation, and safety in all service areas, function space, and storage areas in accordance to the hotel and or brand standards are done so accordingly.
- Ensure banquet storerooms are in a neat and organized manner stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for meetings and food service functions. Proper inventory should be maintained at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong client relationship and ensuring that all convention specifications are communicated to and executed by the hotel’s operating departments for a successful meeting experience for all meeting planners and attendees. Work closely with the Convention Service/Catering Sales Manager to ensure all needs are met for each client group.
- Maintain a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction and resolves guest issues promptly and with great care and effectiveness.
- Complete performance reviews for staff as required per policy.
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests including use of guest name and good eye contact with each guest.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or Related field is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of previous experience in food services and previous experience in a supervisory role.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of restaurant customer service.
- TIPS certified, or become TIPS certified within 90 days of accepting position.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to stand for most of the shift. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Manager
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Setup/Banquet Houseperson
- Café Attendant
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Cook II/Line Cook
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Engineer I
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Office Supervisor
- Health Club Attendant
- Hotel Guest Services Representative
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Nail Technician
- Public Area Attendant
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Room Service Attendant
- Spa Coordinator
- Spa Cosmetologist
- Spa Massage Therapist