Concierge and Shuttle Driver Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted March 1, 2019
Concierge and Shuttle Driver
Greet and welcome arriving guests as they enter the hotel. Assist both arriving and departing guests with baggage handling and supervise door and luggage attendants with respect to same.
- Welcome and escort guests to and from their rooms and assist with luggage. Inform guests of all safety features and, if time permits, promote hotel outlets. Maintain accurate logs. Provide door assistance and luggage service to the guests as well as delivery of items to guest rooms.
- Store guest baggage upon request and assist with the loading and unloading of baggage into and out of automobiles. Summon taxis upon request.
- Prepare and maintain all tour and delivery paperwork to ensure accuracy and operational standards are upheld. Handle all group baggage transfers and amenity deliveries to ensure proper handling and completion. Complete daily paperwork.
- Maintain the check-in station for appearance, organization, and operational effectiveness. Ensure the department’s uniforms, operational departmental areas and lobby are checked for cleanliness and organization, correcting as necessary.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Update all relevant reports pertaining to the check-in process on a regular basis and communicate those changes to the line employee quickly and effectively.
- When necessary, actively contribute to the successful operation of the department by labeling, handling, and/or storing guest luggage, delivering guest items on request, or checking guests in using the seamless check in system
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be able to respond to guest requests and business volume quickly and efficiently.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, will be required to work outside during the course of the day to assist with luggage and transportation. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments and locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to bend, squat and lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
EOE. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, genetic information, marital status, national origin, U.S. military service or arrest/conviction records.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Server
- Café Attendant
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Engineer I
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Office Supervisor
- Golf and Health Club Supervisor
- Health Club Attendant
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Nail Technician
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Room Service Attendant
- Spa Coordinator
- Spa Cosmetologist
- Spa Massage Therapist