Front Desk Agent Apply
The Craftsman Inn & Suites
Posted January 29, 2019
Widewaters Hotels is looking for a motivated and responsible FRONT OFFICE AGENT. Apply today to join a growing team with plenty of room for advancement. We have competitive wage & benefits and EXCELLENT PAID TIME OFF!
Front Desk Agent
The Front Office Agent is responsible for providing consistent excellent service to guests/clients before arrival, upon arrival, and during their stay, from check-in to checkout. This employee will be responsible for registration, checkout, and cashiering.
What you will be doing
- Welcome and register guests expeditiously, provide information to guests as needed, obtain identification and credit/check approval as directed by hotel policy. Verify rate and departure date. Confirm and modify information required to complete the registration process as per hotel procedures.
- Answer all guest questions accurately and resolve problems in a timely manner ensuring guest satisfaction. Authorize revenue allowances as allowed by hotel policy.
- Resolve guest problems and complaints following the “L.E.A.D” Widewaters Hotels process.
- Upsell guest rooms, food & beverage outlets if applicable and seasonal hotel promotions.
- Make restaurant, transportation, and/or entertainment reservations for guests, plus other Concierge services as requested and have thorough knowledge of hotel amenities, company, and local area & attractions.
- Communicate with other hotel departments to maintain a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Maintain an understanding of hotel history, services, facility information, and rates and packages.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation at the end of each stay, and ask “Is there anything that we could have done better to make your stay more enjoyable?”
- Register guests in Reservations/PMS and follow proper check-in, check out procedures.
- Review Front Desk log when coming on shift and record pertinent information as needed throughout shift.
- Post charges to individual room or master account.
- Manage cash/credit transactions and maintain a personal bank.
- Accept payment for guest accounts including third party, advance purchase reservations, and during time of registration at check- in/check-out.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach goals.
- Assists others as needed and special projects, as necessary.
- Associates Degree in Hospitality or Travel & Tourism preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in a front office role.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have sound administrative skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Strong Guest Service Skills
- Able to work on PMS software.
- Able to communicate effectively with guests, management, and co-workers.
- CPR certification is a plus.
- Must be able to stand up to 8 hours at a time.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
The Craftsman Inn & Suites
90 Room Hotel
ALL NEW THE CRAFTSMAN INN & SUITES OPENING SPRING/SUMMER 2018!
Located in Central New York just 15 minutes from downtown Syracuse in the village of Fayetteville, this warm and gracious full service Syracuse hotel is close to Syracuse University, Lemoyne College and Carrier Circle. Nearby shopping centers, restaurants, golf courses and the exciting Turning Stone Resort and Casino, as well as the scenic Finger Lakes Wine Country and the Adirondack Mountains are just a short drive from the hotel.