Café Attendant Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted March 29, 2019
Join our F&B team today!
The Café Attendant is responsible for preparing and serving coffee and beverages and some food items to customers in a prompt, friendly, enthusiastic, professional manner. The Cafe Attendant is also responsible for serving guests in hospitable manner. The Café Attendant is to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for providing an exceptional guest experience.
- Take orders for and serve all beverage requests.
- Performs operational tasks as assigned such as stocking products and inventory.
- Control guest checks and secure proper payment.
- Ensure station and table set-ups are complete and perform various side duties as assigned by the Outlet Manager.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the coffee bar area through disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning all glassware, and wiping down bar and preparation areas.
- Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Participate in the serving of food.
- Participate in maintaining the cleanliness of the outlet.
- Restock supplies needed.
- Clean coffee machine and coffee canisters at the end of the shift.
- Work in a team environment and assist and support all members of the team to ensure a great hotel stay experience for the guests.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- One year of high volume beverage service required. Customer service experience preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- CPR certified preferred.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four hours in length
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously
- Must be able to lift trays of beverages or food items weighing up to 30 pounds on a regular and continuing basis
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space
- Ability to perform job functions in a fast paced environment, with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Setup/Banquet Houseperson
- Café Attendant
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Cook II/Line Cook
- Corporate Sales Manager
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Engineer I
- Engineer I (Hotel Maintenance Technician)
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Desk Agent
- Golf Course Attendant
- Greens Supervisor
- Greenskeeper Superintendent
- Health Club and Golf Attendant
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Nail Technician
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Room Service Attendant
- Sales Manager
- Spa Cosmetologist
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Spa Supervisor