Public Area Attendant Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted January 16, 2019
Public Area Attendant
As a Public Area Attendant you will be responsible for cleaning all hotel public areas and surrounding service areas of hotel in accordance to hotel standards in a timely manner to ensure the hotel meets brand and/or hotel standards at all times. The House Attendant is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Maintain a clean work area at all times while ensuring superior and "spotless" guest service.
- Remove all trash from public areas as well as outside and disposing properly. Adhere to brand standards regarding recycling practices if applicable.
- Place wet floor signs on floors as they are being mopped and remove immediately once the floors are dry.
- Ensure all hallways, elevators, public areas, stairwells, are clean at all times.
- Assists in unloading deliveries and the proper storage of such.
- Plunge public area toilets as needed.
- Repair or fix any maintenance items within scope of experience including cleaning light fixtures and replacing light bulbs.
- Report all guest-borrowed items (i.e. Irons/boards, hair dryers, etc) for safe return to designated area.
- Report any maintenance problems to Engineering Department.
- Make sure all equipment is in good working order before use each day.
- Report and deliver lost & found items to the appropriate office/ department.
- Clean lobby of all fingerprints on glass doors, furniture, registration desk and run vacuum cleaner and or mop regularly.
- Properly clean all public & associate restrooms regularly and in a timely fashion. This includes, cleaning sinks, toilets, mop floors and replenish supplies including toilet paper, paper towels, feminine products and soaps as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of pool, replenish pool area supplies as needed, clean glass doors, and any residue from the tables. Check water level in the Spa if applicable and heck bromine level.
- Clean exercise room, clean mirrors, wipe all equipment take out trash run vacuum cleaner clean glass doors.
- Water flowers for the entire outside and inside of hotel and assist with maintenance of sidewalks during cold seasons.
- Clean guest laundry washer/dryer, table, mop floor as needed.
- General cleaning of offices, front office areas, and associate break room.
- Ensure parking lots are free of debris and trash.
- If this hotel has a shuttle, driving guests to and from hotel may also be needed.
- Communicate changes in suite status with the Front Desk.
- Deliver cribs, roll-away beds and various related items to suites as requested by supervisor or guest. Making notations on various logs where these amenities have been delivered - i.e. cribs and roll-away beds locations must be recorded in the Log Book at the Front Desk.
- Responsible for knowing hotel emergency procedures and ensuring emergency exits are clear at all times.
- Accommodate guest special requests courteously, including luggage and wheelchair assistance.
- Work in a team environment and assist and support all members of the team to ensure a great hotel stay experience for the guests.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- Strong Guest Service Skills
- Must have attention to detail and be customer service oriented.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have sound administrative skills.
- CPR certified preferred
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in The Widewaters Hotels. The Widewaters Group, Inc. offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Manager
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Server
- Café Attendant
- Catering Sales Manager
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Cook II/Line Cook
- Engineer I
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Office Manager
- Front Office Supervisor
- Health Club Attendant
- Hotel Guest Services Representative
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Nail Technician
- Public Area Attendant
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Room Service Attendant
- Spa Coordinator
- Spa Cosmetologist
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Wedding and Events Sales Manager