Cook III/Prep Cook Apply
The Craftsman Wood Grille & Tap House
Posted April 9, 2019
Spring Hiring Event! Join us for a CAREER FAIR at The Craftsman Inn & Suites on Tuesday, April 23rd from 9am -1pm & Wednesday, April 24th from 3pm-7pm GUARANTEED INTERVIEWS! Widewaters Hotels is looking for motivated PREP COOKS for the new Craftsman Wood Grille & Tap House!
Cook III/Prep Cook
The Cook III is responsible for organizing, preparing, and cooking all food items in assigned stations for banquets and restaurant meals. The Cook III is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels.
What you will be doing
- Prepare food “to order” items for customers using a quality predetermined method in a timely and consistent manner.
- Set up stations required to service all banquet functions and menu items.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate accordingly, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Ensure smooth and efficient flow of food dishes through service Associates to guest.
- Check all food for tastes, temperature, and eye appeal.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Constantly spot check food and quality service during all meal periods to ensure that foods served meet our portion control and quality standards. Perform as expeditor during peak meal periods.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Prepare and submit requisitions to Executive or Sous Chef for staple food items.
- Adhere to hotel/kitchen sanitation standards; avoid cross contamination of products and follow proper rotation practices to decrease spoilage.
- Adhere to recipes and food pictures to ensure uniformity and consistency.
- Consult with Executive/Sous Chef on forecasted business volumes.
- Maintain an open line of communication at all times with any and all departments.
- Follow counts/food preparation on BEO.
- Reviews Production sheets, BEOs (Banquet Event Orders), and Par sheets in order to prepare for events.
- Produces required hot and cold items in kitchen to forecasted business.
- Produces all hot and cold food presentations for buffets, banquets and a la carte.
- Finishes desserts for a la carte, buffets, and banquets.
- Helps out on pantry, hot line, and/or omelet station when needed.
- Complete requisition for food on a daily basis.
- Always monitor "Over Production" and proper use of leftovers.
- Maintain strict compliance of company recipe cards and procedures.
- Anticipate all and any menu requests.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach goals.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels Employee Handbook.
- Knowledge of food preparation, menu concepts sanitation regulations, and safety measures
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- High School Degree or Equivalent. Degree from Culinary Program preferred Minimum of 6 months experience in food preparation.
- Ability to compute basic arithmetic and to comprehend and follow recipes with the appropriate cooking techniques.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have intermediate kitchen skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
The Craftsman Wood Grille & Tap House
Experience Craftsman Wood Grille, our on-site restaurant featuring the contemporary American cuisine of Chef Steve Batur. Choose from a creative selection of appetizers and salads, plus exceptional entrées made from the highest quality meats and local produce. Sample our award-winning wine list while relaxing on our outdoor patio.
Hours of Operations:
- Mon-Sat: 11am - 12am midnight
- Sunday: 9am - 4pm Brunch Menu
- Sunday: 4pm-10pm Dinner Menu
7300 East Genesee Street
Fayetteville, NY 13066
Telephone (315) 637-8000