Operations Specialist Apply
Posted February 23, 2019
Do you love to TRAVEL and have Hilton or Marriott experience? Widewaters Hotels is currently seeking a CORPORATE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST to support our growing hotel portfolio. We are looking for candidates that are dedicated and have the ability to travel for task force assignments on a regular bas
The Operations Specialist will be responsible for the successful operation of the hotel by supporting COMPANY PILLARS and provide overall operations direction as needed in absence of a General Manager and or Assistant General Manager. The Operations Specialist will provide overall direction and guidance to hotel team while managing the day-to-day leadership and management of all company facets. The Operations Specialist is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Lead, through a team of managers, the effective management of Rooms, Food & Beverage, Accounting, Sales, Engineering and Human Resources as needed by assignment to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards, maximizing levels of guest satisfaction, and maintaining favorable associate morale.
- Conduct regular staff meeting, department meetings, and all associate meetings based on assignment to keep staff informed on hotel business, address concerns or problems, and develop plans to create a better, more profitable work environment for all.
- Ensure that a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained, and internal and external customer service needs are met through avenues such as training, survey analysis, feedback and positive reinforcement programs.
- Provide mentoring, training and guidance to all associates.
- Understand guest service scores and ensure scores are communicated to team.
- Participate in Sales START Meetings, Stand up Meetings, New Hire Orientation, Monthly Pillar calls, HR Weekly Calls, Weekly Revenue calls as well as serve as Manager on Duty when needed.
- Work with Human Resources and conduct investigations as needed as well as update HR on weekly recruitment needs and turnover.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs and quality checks to drive exceptional service and guest satisfaction at all points of contact, to include pre-arrival, check-in/check-out, restaurant/bar, transportation, housekeeping, laundry, banquets, conference services and maintenance.
- Ensure property is following all Widewaters Hotels SOP’s accordingly.
- Provide hands on assistance as needed including but not limited to assisting with Front Desk, provide shuttle or maintenance service, breakfast assistance, if needed etc.
- Ensure adherence to brand standards and guidelines if applicable.
- Ensure there is proper staffing coverage as well as ensuring associates are in proper attire and wearing name tags at all times.
- Assist as needed throughout hotel portfolio for hotel openings.
- Assist as needed throughout hotel during busy peak times or high company profile events.
- Must have a positive attitude at all time and dress professionally.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- Perform any assigned task not outlined above that the associate has the ability to perform.
- If you are employed by a branded hotel property, please refer to branded job description for additional duties and information.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels LLC Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in different management positions in the hospitality industry with a minimum of 3 years experience as an Operations Manager.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry, have a strong financial background, sound administrative skills, well developed management skills, and have demonstrated ability to effectively lead.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to participate in the hotel’s MOD program.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA and NLRA.
- Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) is preferred.
- This position will regulaly travel and will require a travel commitment to travel by airplane, automobile, etc., throughout the country to the various hotel locations as may be required on a regular, as needed basis, in the sole discretion of the Company, on behalf of itself and any affiliated companies, parties, etc., it may represent. Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Widewaters Hotels is part of a vertically integrated real estate organization with over 25 years of development, construction, management, and investment experience. With services ranging from hotel management to financial reporting and revenue management, we strive to deliver exceptional returns for owners and the ultimate experience for hotel guests. We invite you to discover why we’ve earned a reputation as an innovative leader in hospitality management and the partner of choice for both leading hotel brands and independent properties across the country.
- Currently manage 20 hotels (2,954 rooms) across 10 states and 1 Canadian Province
- Total annual revenue over $60 million
- Top 100 Management Companies by Hotel Business 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Hilton Dual Brand Deal of the Year 2014
- Hilton Developer of the Year 2012
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Developer of the Year 2011
Widewaters Hotels, LLC provides hotel management and asset management for leading brands as well as independent properties.
Current Portfolio Includes:
- Marriott International
- InterContinental Hotels Group
- Hotel Management
- Asset Management
- Financial Reporting
- Revenue Management
- F&B Concept / Management
- IT Management
- Property Facility Management
- Design & Construction
5786 Widewaters Parkway
P.O. Box 3
DeWitt, NY 13214-0003
Telephone (315) 445-2424