Engineer I Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted May 10, 2019
Widewaters Hotels is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN to to join the Woodcliff Hotel & Spa!!! Apply today to join a passionate and growing organization with plenty of GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES!
Who this Job Will Job Appeal To
Widewaters Hotels, LLC regards employees as its single greatest asset. We seek energetic, passionate, results oriented professionals to join our team. If you possess these qualities, we are interested in learning more about you
The Engineer 1 is a skilled maintenance professional responsible for maintaining areas of the hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. The Engineer 1 is responsible for ensuring the upkeep of guest area, including landscaping and grounds maintenance. The Engineer 1 is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist the Chief Engineer in supervising the Engineering Department when the Chief Engineer is not available.
- Complete work orders, and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structures of the hotel: including mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, masonry and other related equipment.
- Conduct inspections and maintain the Preventative Maintenance, Room Care, and Landscape and Grounds programs.
- Complete all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, outlets, pools, spa/whirpool (if necessary), BOH spaces and grounds.
- Assist with repairs as needed which may require climbing a ladder and/or working on a roof.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment.
- Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention.
- Respond to guest calls, complaints, and team member work orders in a timely, courteous and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment.
- Communicate all maintenance needs to manager, as well as appropriate hotel department heads. Ensure a timely response to internal requests.
- Ensure that all systems and equipment are functioning properly and efficiently.
- Assist with maintenance of parking lot, snow removal, and landscaping as needed.
- Respond to all emergency situations including fire alarms, bomb threats, disasters and power failures; notify the appropriate authorities.
- Recognize potential safety hazards and security problems and act upon each accordingly by reporting them to Chief Engineer.
- Practice safe working procedures at all times and adheres to industry standard protocols (i.e. Lock Out-Tag Out)
- Understand ADA requirements and the proper operation of associated equipment.
- Understand fire exit and extinguisher locations, and follow all hotel safety rules and procedures.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with maintaining effective Energy Management programs and conduct special training for other departments on the safe/efficient use of energy in the hotel.
- Assist in special projects, including, but not limited to: renovations, remodeling, and painting.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
- Complete training on all company/brand requirements.
- Support COMPANY PILLARS by following and executing: Revenue Improvement, Cost Management/Profitability, Exceeding Guest Expectations, Associate Engagement, and Outstanding Physical Product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- Perform any assigned task not outlined above that the associate has the ability to perform.
- If you are employed by a branded hotel property, please refer to branded job description for additional duties and information.
- Must have knowledge of building codes.
- Ability to operate and repair HVAC, mechanical and electrical machinery
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a maintenance/engineer capacity. Training in refrigeration, plumbing and electrical, and HVAAC also preferred.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have sound administrative skills.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Assistant Banquet Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Setup/Banquet Houseperson
- Bartender (AM)
- Café Attendant
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Cook II/Line Cook
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Engineer I
- Engineer I (Hotel Maintenance Technician)
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Office Supervisor
- Greens Supervisor
- Greenskeeper Superintendent
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Lash Specialist
- Nail Technician
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Room Service Attendant
- Spa Cosmetologist
- Spa Massage Therapist