Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted June 4, 2019
Widewaters Hotels is hiring for AM SERVERS to join our F&B team at The Woodcliff Hotel & Spa!
The AM Server is responsible for providing consistent excellent service to guests/clients of the facilities and efficient delivery of food and beverage to guests in a professional, hospitable manner to enhance the guest experience. This employee will be required to set up and breakdown respective dining space. The Server is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Maintain a complete knowledge of all food and beverage menu items and answer questions on menu/alcoholic selections to guests.
- Serves menu items to guest in a prompt and courteous manner and according to the order, times the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests.
- Maintaining full beverage glasses.
- Ensure presentation of food and beverage is presented to guest per Hotel standard.
- Follow your property’s approved alcohol awareness training program at all times to ensure that alcohol is not over served to a guest.
- Performs pre and post shift side work, set-up, etc.
- Clears table promptly. Clears unnecessary items off the table to include: dirty dishes, silverware, and glassware; brings to kitchen for cleaning.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up with guest to ensure satisfaction.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to kitchen staff.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, length of wait, re-cooking orders, and product availability.
- Be aware of daily specials, soups, and drinks items.
- Run food and bus tables, if necessary.
- Be able to operate the electronic cash register (where applicable). No voids or deletes without management's written approval.
- Record transactions in POS at time of order
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc. throughout the day
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach goals.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Be aware of guests’ needs; assist in providing a pleasant dining experience
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements, and use of equipment in Food and Beverage.
- Ability to work on POS equipment.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Accounts Receivable / General Cashier
- Assistant Banquet Manager
- Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Setup/Banquet Houseperson
- Bartender (AM)
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Convention Services Manager
- Cook II/Line Cook
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Engineer I
- Engineer I (Hotel Maintenance Technician)
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Office Supervisor
- Greens Supervisor
- Greenskeeper Superintendent
- Health Club Attendant
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Laundry Attendant
- Nail Technician
- Public Area Attendant
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Spa Massage Therapist