Banquet Server Apply
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Posted January 13, 2019
The Banquet Server is responsible for providing consistent excellent service to guests/clients of the banquet facilities and efficient delivery of food and beverage to guests in a professional, hospitable manner to enhance the guest experience. This employee will be required to set up and breakdown banquet events. The Banquet Server is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
- Maintain a complete knowledge of all food and beverage menu items and answer questions on menu/alcoholic selections to guests.
- Serves menu items to guest in a prompt and courteous manner and according to the banquet event order, times the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests.
- Maintaining full beverage glasses.
- Ensure presentation of food and beverage is presented to guest per Hotel standard.
- Follow your property’s approved alcohol awareness training program at all times to ensure that alcohol is not over served to a guest.
- Perform pre and post shift side work, set-up, etc.
- Clear table promptly. Clears unnecessary items off the table to include: dirty dishes, silverware, and glassware; brings to kitchen for cleaning.
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up with guest to ensure satisfaction.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to kitchen staff.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, length of wait, re-cooking orders, and product availability.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc. throughout the day
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
- Ensure breakdown duties is completed thoroughly.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach goals.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Be aware of guests’ needs; assist in providing a pleasant dining experience
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements, and use of equipment in Food and Beverage.
- Ability to work on POS equipment.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Alcohol & Awareness training certification.
- If you are employed in St. Louis County, a Hep-A vaccination is required prior to beginning employment.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
236 Room Hotel
Experience Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, a premier Rochester Hotel, conference center and spa located close to the scenic Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We welcome you with the comfort, amenities and warm, personal service that you expect from a first class hotel and spa.
Located atop wooded hills in Fairport, just off I-90, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa is only 20 minutes from downtown Rochester, and offers spectacular views of the Rochester Skyline, Rochester Bristol Hills and Finger Lakes region.
Our guests enjoy beautiful hilltop views and creative cuisine in our distinctive Horizons Restaurant and Lounge, where our passionate culinary team offers imaginative dining in a relaxed atmosphere. This Rochester Restaurant and Horizons Lounge is the place to gather with friends, and on weekends. Horizons Lounge offers live musical entertainment for your enjoyment.
Our 9-hole regulation golf course is only steps outside our door, while our full service Rochester Spa - Spa Elan, and our Rochester Health Club encourage health and wellness programs to benefit mind and body.
Whether you seek an inclusive conference site, a romantic getaway or an elegant place to celebrate that unforgettable occasion, explore our world at Woodcliff Hotel and Spa. It's the place to entertain in style, enjoy imaginative cuisine and participate in energized meetings.
199 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, NY 14450
Telephone (585) 381-4000
Woodcliff Hotel & Spa
Current Job Openings
- Banquet Manager
- Banquet Server
- Banquet Server
- Café Attendant
- Catering Sales Manager
- Concierge and Shuttle Driver
- Cook II/Line Cook
- Engineer I
- Engineer II (Maintenance Technician)
- Front Desk Agent
- Front Office Manager
- Front Office Supervisor
- Health Club Attendant
- Hotel Guest Services Representative
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Nail Technician
- Public Area Attendant
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Room Attendant/Housekeeper
- Room Service Attendant
- Spa Coordinator
- Spa Cosmetologist
- Spa Massage Therapist
- Wedding and Events Sales Manager