Houseman/Shuttle Driver Apply
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Posted November 7, 2017
Widewaters Hotels is looking for a friendly and diligent HOUSEMAN/SHUTTLE DRIVER to join the Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor, NY! $150 SIGN ON BONUS!! Apply today for a chance to join a great organization and TEAM!
As a House Attendant you will be responsible for cleaning all hotel public areas and surrounding service areas of hotel in accordance to hotel standards in a timely manner to ensure the hotel meets brand and/or hotel standards at all times. The House Attendant is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
The House Attendant is focused and responsible for the following:
- Maintain a clean work area at all times while ensuring superior and "spotless" guest service.
- Deliver items to guest rooms as needed such as towels, extra pillows, supplies, and respond to guest requests in a timely and courteous manner.
- Obtain soiled linens from guest carts and bring them to laundry and deliver clean linens to storage rooms as needed.
- On occasion assist Room Attendants with stripping guests rooms as needed.
- Collect garbage from Room Attendant carts and remove all trash from public areas as well as outside and disposing properly. Adhere to brand standards regarding recycling practices if applicable.
- Assist with breakfast in the morning, including wiping down tables, and emptying garbage during this time.
- Place wet floor signs on floors as they are being mopped and remove immediately once the floors are dry.
- Ensure all hallways, elevators, public areas, stairwells, are clean at all times.
- Assists in unloading deliveries and the proper storage of such.
- Plunge guest toilets and public area toilets as needed.
- Repair or fix any maintenance items within scope of experience including cleaning light fixtures and replacing light bulbs.
- Report all guest-borrowed items (ie. Irons/boards, hair dryers, etc) for safe return to designated area.
- Prepare utility cart for next day use.
- Report any maintenance problems to Engineering Department.
- Make sure all equipment is in good working order before use each day.
- Report and deliver lost & found items to the appropriate office/ department.
- Clean lobby of all fingerprints on glass doors, furniture, registration desk and run vacuum cleaner and or mop regularly.
- Properly clean all public & associate restrooms regularly and in a timely fashion. This includes, cleaning sinks, toilets, mop floors and replenish supplies including toilet paper, paper towels, feminine products and soaps as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of pool, replenish pool area supplies as needed, clean glass doors and any residue from the tables. Check water level in the Spa if applicable and heck bromine level.
- Clean exercise room, clean mirrors, wipe all equipment take out trash run vacuum cleaner clean glass doors.
- Water flowers for the entire outside and inside of hotel and assist with maintenance of sidewalks during cold seasons.
- Clean guest laundry washer/dryer, table, mop floor as needed.
- Help with excessive laundry when required.
- General cleaning of offices, front office areas, and associate break room.
- Ensure parking lots are free of debris and trash.
- If this hotel has a shuttle, driving guests to and from hotel may also be needed.
- Communicate changes in suite status with the Front Desk.
- Deliver cribs, roll-away beds and various related items to suites as requested by supervisor or guest. Making notations on various logs where these amenities have been delivered - i.e. cribs and roll-away beds locations must be recorded in the Log Book at the Front Desk.
- Responsible for knowing hotel emergency procedures and ensuring emergency exits are clear at all times.
- Accommodate guest special requests courteously, including luggage and wheelchair assistance.
- Work in a team environment and assist and support all members of the team to ensure a great hotel stay experience for the guests.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- Perform any assigned task not outlined above that the associate has the ability to perform.
- If you are employed by a branded hotel property, please refer to branded job description for additional duties and information.
- One year experience in housekeeping, preferably in a hotel, resort or conference center.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with team members and supervisors.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to maintain sanitation standards while also adhering to all OSHA and local health department rules and regulations.
- Must be able to work the majority of the shift in a standing position, constantly moving, and able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, etc. when needed.
- Must have work eligibility in the United States.
- Strong Guest Service Skills
- Must have attention to detail and be customer service oriented.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have sound administrative skills.
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels' Mission is an innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude, Effort & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
*$150 Sign on bonus for FT associates only - $75 upon hire, $75 after 90 days of employment.
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
123 Room Hotel
Welcome to Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
The Hampton Inn & Suites Hotel in Rochester Victor, New York occupies an exceptional part of the Empire State. Lush vineyards grace the Finger Lakes region of New York as do championship golf courses and excellent shopping and dining choices.
Our hotel in Victor, NY is only a short drive to the outdoor beauty of Lake Ontario. Discover the fascinating history of the Seneca Native Americans near this hotel in Victor, NY. Visit the nearby Erie Canal and perhaps the nearby Finger Lakes Race Track-a Thoroughbred racing venue.
- Easy access to downtown Rochester, NY and local vineyards
- Located one-half mile south of great shopping at Eastview Mall
- 3 flexible meeting spaces for up to 60 guests
- Complimentary shuttle within a 5-mile radius (inquire at the Front Desk)
- Heated indoor pool and whirlpool